ZOOM ON Afrique Pulse by PULSE
Pulse, SOS GROUP’s star of entrepreneurship acceleration, is implementing a 3-year project focused on improving the Social and Solidarity Economy in Morocco, Tunisia, and South Africa.
The 3-year project aims to strengthen organizations working in the ecosystem of the Social and Solidarity Economy (SSE) and to contribute to the sustainable development of the actions of the SSE to respond effectively to the socio-economic and environmental challenges of African countries, in particular Morocco, Tunisia and South Africa.
With Afrique Pulse, PULSE pursues the development of social entrepreneurship in the three countries by strengthening local organizations through:
- The consolidation of educational resources
- The training of teams
- The adoption of a common management tool
And expanding programs for project leaders in providing:
- application assistance workshops
- funding support
The project launched in January 2020 intends to position the beneficiary organizations as social innovation laboratories, acting in new territories and with a wider audience and contributing to the animation of the ecosystem through an advocacy and communications strategy that promotes success stories. At last, the project will contribute to the solidity of these structures through the consolidation of the economic model of each of them and finally the establishment of impact measurement tools.
- 5 reinforced entrepreneurship support structures (including 3 partners and 2 structures selected through a call for applications)
- 90 social entrepreneurs supported throughout the duration of the project, 50% of whom are women, within the framework of the incubation programmes set up by the three partner support structures
- At least 1,000 people sensitized and/or trained in social entrepreneurship by the end of the project
PULSE is an accelerator/ stimulator of social innovation projects. It focuses on inventing a new economy, which core values are social relationships and environmental preservation, in order to meet the huge challenges of this century, gather a global network of incubators and entrepreneurs with a presence in Tunisia, Morocco, South Africa, Senegal, the Balkans, and France.
- French Development Agency (Agence Française de Développement – AFD)
- La Région Sud Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur
- Lab’ess based in Tunis has been supporting Tunisian social entrepreneurs and CSOs to change scale since 2012
- Bidaya is a « Social Green Tech » incubator, created in 2015, in Casablanca.
- ORIBI Village offers support programmes on specific themes such as agri-food and sustainable tourism, Created in 2018, in Cape Town.