The situation is urgent. We see it every day at Groupe SOS through our actions to accelerate the ecological transition and with the most vulnerable people. In a worrying inflationary context, we need to respond to needs we concretely see every day, in France, and in the 40 countries in which we operate. The scientific, associative, and militant voices, as well as the youth, are alerting us to adopt effective decisions so that we collectively build the solutions of tomorrow. They exist, they work and we need to deploy them.
At Groupe SOS we believe in a systemic logic, with the conviction that the ecological, social, and economic impact becomes the compass of any organization (profit-making or not) to preserve the planet and its inhabitants. We consider socio-economic realities to the extent of the climate emergency because this fight cannot be done at the expense of the population. In Europe, associations and companies are committed to achieving neutrality while helping to build an exemplary and exportable regenerative economy. The path to a more virtuous model, economically viable, socially just, and ecologically respectful, certainly requires a strong commitment from everyone, but for the benefit of a desirable horizon.
We expect COP27 to serve the fight against climate change, not to be a climate compromise. Nothing can be settled at the local level without a structuring international solidarity, capable of financing concrete actions for the climate.
Groupe SOS advocates for 3 LEVERS of action
- Ecology as a lever for inclusion
- A globally shared green taxonomy
- Localization of global solutions
Groupe SOS at COP27
- Agriculture and food will have a prominent place at COP27. With its experience in the field, Groupe SOS supports several convictions and priority actions for agriculture and food.
- Groupe SOS is present on the African continent with teams from 5 NGOs and 2 consulting and research firms in 15 countries.
- Marie-Christina Kolo, Regional Director for the Indian Ocean of People Power Inclusion (PPI), an association of Groupe SOS, will be the ambassador of Groupe SOS at COP 27.
Discover all the actions and proposals of Groupe SOS related to COP27: Groupe SOS at COP27—ENG