A dynamic and intercultural society implies the participation of all individuals in the decision-making process that affects their communities and their future.
Migrants and refugees are directly affected by integration decisions and policies implemented at local, regional and national level.
Yet they are under-represented in political life.
The project « MigrantVoicesHeard” aims at setting up migrant councils to foster the participation of foreign citizens in the development and implementation of integration policies at local, regional and national level in seven EU countries. (Bulgaria, Greece, Italy, Austria, France, Romania, Hungary).
Groupe SOS is involved in this project and promotes a better understanding of migrants needs and conditions.
Migrant Voices Heard project is co-financed by the European Commission with the support of the European Union’s Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (FAMI).
The project has the following objectives:
- The creation of 5 migrant councils and the reactivation of one in Italy allowing direct public action on integration policies.(working closely with local authorities)
- Promoting the exchange of experience between local and regional public authorities regarding the involvement of migrants in the design of integration policies and their implementation
- Strengthen the capacity of local and regional authorities to effectively consult migrants on policies that directly affect them.
We are in a mobilisation phase so if you are:
- An association working in the field of integration and political rights
- A foreigner who wants to change political rights
The MVH project is there to propose a new way to make your voice heard and to allow you to be real actors of change. By bringing together associations and migrants, our objectives are to discuss needs, create dialogue and a safe space for improving migrants rights.
Don’t hesitate to join us!
Together for a better integration and a better Europe.
For more information please visit this website: https://morethanprojects.actionaid.it/en/projects/migrantvoicesheard/